- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Foundations of Education
- Research Writing and Statistics
- Social Work and Ministry-Based Evangelism
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Church and Community Ministry – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Christian Education – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Divinity with Biblical Languages – Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Lander University
Rev. Michael Scott Knight, Ph.D is a licensed and ordained minister, a missionary and a seminary Professor with over 20 years experience in the ministry. He was a former Associate Pastor of Irisan Church in Irisan (Baguio, Philippines) from 2010-2015. He also served as Associate Pastor of Thanksgiving Church in Kias (Benguet, Philippines) and ministered to the blind from 2000-2004 and 2008-2010. A missionary to Asia, Dr. Knight has served in Jakarta, Indonesia from 2015-2020. He also served in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam under the International Mission Board USA from 1999-2000. Prior to joining IGSL, Dr. Knight was Professor at Maranatha Bible College from 2010 to 2015. He was the former Financial Treasurer of Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary from 2009 to 2011, and was also an Adjunct Professor at the same institution from 2002-2004 and 2008-2009.
As a Professor, Dr. Knight is also keen on research and writing. He is a statistician for Theses and Dissertations. He coordinated the 2019 International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) English Writing for a school. As a mental health case worker, he worked with and gave counsel to people with disabilities and Mental Health Mental Retardation issues. Using this as a background experience, he co-authored the book So Special: Introduction to Special Education in 2019. In 2012, he presented a paper at a conference at Asia Baptist Graduate Theological Seminary’s Theological Symposium and Workshop with the theme “Expanding the Global Territory of the Relational Christian God through E-learning” in Taipei, Taiwan.
Dr. Knight and his wife Lizette are both full-time faculty members of IGSL and are currently based at the IGSL campus in Quezon City, Philippines. They have been married since 2000 and both enjoy hiking and traveling together as their schedule permits.
Like what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:19-23, Dr. Knight practices “being all things to all people so that some might be saved”.